First things first: Thanks to all our members for everything you’ve done this year! You guys have been sensational with your support and I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I’ve said this before: tuesday is not a space, it’s a community and we’d be nothing without you, so again, my hands are together as I bow in gratitude to all of you for your continued solidarity. Normality will hopefully be restored very soon!
But before we get into the real reason for this post, I’d like to quickly highlight all the things we did in 2020:
- We got a Community Manager! Hi Benedita!
- New Entrepreneur (from the Erasmus programme) Gio joined the tuesday team to start both “radio tuesday” and the member Spotify playlists
- We set up a Nap Room for you
- We set up a Zoom Room for you
- We changed our company status from Business Partnership to Limited Company (GbR > GmbH)
- Members dedicated their time and expertise to create the #MoreThanADesk Skillshares for us during the first lockdown (still available on tuesday’s Vimeo channel)
- tuesday member, Sonsoles Cervino, started her impactful and fruit-bearing Friday Talks virtual sessions
- One of those fruits? tuesday member, Alisa Sieber set up the Self-Education Group: #HowToBecomeABetterAlly
- We put on tuesday’s 5th cinema series at the start of the year: “4 Filmes de Almodóvar“
- We had “Coworking in the Park“, “Chardonnays Against Humanity“, “Anti-Valentine’s Day“, “Tell It! Tuesdays – Voicing Punk Rock“, Isla Valo’s Ink Workshops, new member benefits in the member portal, a new fridge (thanks to the members!) and of course, most recently, a delightful Secret Santa. I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but we must move on….
We are busy making many plans to get you motivated for 2021, some small, some huge, but we think it would be great if your input could guide us:
- what can we do better?
- what maybe wasn’t so good?
- what would you like to see more of?
But we won’t be just looking to you for ideas, we’ll also be showing you how the spaces grew (despite everything) and what we have in the pipeline for 2021, #sustainability
It’s also your opportunity to tell us what concrete things you think should happen in 2021 at tuesday:
- Tell us what events you’d like to attend once we can have events again… in… March/April? (he said cautiously)
- What further amenities would you like to see at tuesday? Think nap room / podcast booth, etc. Would you use a video studio, for example? Tell us what you want!
- Are there any partners you would like us to team up with? (Are you tired of our current coffee?, etc.)
To this end, we’re having an invite-only “Idea Pool” session on Tuesday, 5 January at 3pm in the“Earth” meeting room. This will be a hybrid online and offline event. This means you can join Benedita and myself either in person (limited to five persons) or online via Zoom.
We’ll start at 3pm with a very short presentation, but you can come and go throughout. Think of it as a kind of “office hours”, where you can ask your questions or voice your concerns. We have the room booked until 5:30pm for this, so feel free to stop by any time, either in person or via Zoom.
If you’re not yet a member of tuesday, but would like to be involved, send us a message: email@example.com
While this event will be the “tuesday Idea Pool“, we’ll be having another one the following week, on Tuesday, 12 January 2021 at 3pm but it will be a “Member Idea Pool“. This event hopes to give you a kick-start to the New Year. A motivational kick up the bum, so to speak.
Member Idea Pool: Here, we’d like you, our members, to come along for just one hour to discuss what’s on YOUR mind. This can be anything. If you just want to set yourself some targets for the month of January, share it with us to get some further motivation. If you’re looking for 10 minutes of feedback, either for your business or your personal life, we’ll set a timer and you can count on your fellow coworkers to give you some honest feedback and useful tips. Each topic gets 10 minutes, with a max. of 6 topics for the hour. What’s discussed stays in the room. We’re hoping to set this up as a recurring session every two weeks.
If you can’t make it to any of the sessions, you’re welcome to leave any feedback you have with us either via simple email or if you prefer to do it anonymously, you can do so via the form on our Code of Conduct / Feedback page.
You made it to here! Thanks!
Now go enjoy the end of hell-year 2020!