This November, Nina Del Marr of “TeachSurfing” will be hosting a 2-hour workshop at tuesday coworking discussing the importance of human connection, mental health and disconnection from technology:
Disconnect to Connect: Technology & its Effects on our Relationships
Nina Del Marr spent the past decade in San Francisco and co-led an organisation that focused on the importance of human connection for purpose and growth in people’s personal and professional lives. She has spoken about the importance of social connection at various institutions including Saïd Business School at Oxford University and Mindvalley University in Barcelona. She now lives in Berlin and continues to create experiences for individuals and groups to connect deeply with themselves and others in an increasingly digital world.
In this workshop, she will demonstrate how technology has changed and continues to change the way we interact with one another. There are ways social media and mobile tech have benefitted our lives, but there is also a growing concern for the amount of time we spend online and the overall effect this has on our relationships and well-being.
How can we individually assess how much of our daily attention is focused on our phones/laptops and the effects this has on our relationships?
Participants will learn:
- to recognise the ways tech enhances and also distracts us from authentic connection
- how to make simple changes to live more intentionally with our tech devices
- how to practice connection and mindful skills to deepen our relationship to others
The workshop is aimed at:
- people who are interested in clearly seeing how tech affects their relationships and how modifying their use can benefit their lives
- people interested in deeper connections with others in their work and personal lives
Admission is free, but you will need to sign up here on Eventbrite beforehand
See you on Tuesday at tuesday!